[Geysers] Geyser names

Freund, Udo udo.freund at lmco.com
Wed Jul 19 06:35:49 PDT 2006

I humbly submit that another feature in the Kaleidoscope group needs to
be named before we focus on the Biscuit Basin thing.  In my opinion "New
Thing Far Left" is a TERRIBLE name that has persisted far too long.  If
another feature were to break out to the left of NTFL would it become
"Newer Thing Even Further Left"?  Could we agree that NTFL become
"Football Geyser".  It's easy to drop the T from NTFL, which then
becomes NFL -- the acronym for the National Football League, or more
simply Football.

And why do we need to name the Biscuit Basin feature after a mineral?
Not that I object to that -- I'm just asking.

Thanks,
Udo Freund