[Geysers] (no subject)

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Tue Jul 11 18:53:25 PDT 2006

Two notes.

Lynne mentioned lemon springs.  I'll have to dig through my books, but there
was one year (2001?) in which this feature was seen well below overflow on
several occasions.  It was probably noted in the geyser listserv at the
time.

Re Mike O'Brien's question about hot trails and what the NPS used to do.  In
1973 we arrived at Norris when a disturbance was underway.  The naturalist
told us the following:  "The back basin trail is great right now - but look
out for some hot springs that broke out in the middle of the trail, okay?"
We said okay, and sure enough there were some small hot springs in the
middle of the trail.

The naturalist was also right about something else - it WAS great.

Paul S.