[Geysers] Grand Geyser - ten bursts?

Bill Warnock billwarnock at wyellowstone.com
Tue Jan 31 11:45:37 PST 2006

I do remember the first Grand eruption we saw in 1954.  We were passing
Castle in our car and I was reading the Haynes Guide.  Suddenly a huge
geyser jetted up across the river and I told Dad to stop the car....that
must be Grand!   There were at least 15 separate bursts in that eruption.
We saw later eruptions in the 1950s which usually had at least 8 bursts, the
2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th usually the highest.  We used to be able to sit on the
hill above Grand and look down at the steam bubbles coming up.

Bill Warnock