[Geysers] Grand Geyser - ten bursts?

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Jan 29 18:11:23 PST 2006

_rlpowell at indiana.edu_ (mailto:rlpowell at indiana.edu)   wrote:

Scott  Bryan (1955) Geysers of Yellowstone, p. 74 mentions 11 bursts in
>an  exceptional eruption in 1983.  Is this the eruption Goldberg  recorded?

Well, again showing that I am getting OLD... who would have thought that  any
edition of my book was published in 1955! And how remarkable that a 1955
book can contain information about a 1983 eruption.

Let's see. Where was I. Gee, where am i? golly. Oh, yeah... (kidding. I
think.)

... anyhow, obviously the 1983 11-burst Grand was not that filmed by
Goldberg. I don't recall who saw the '83 eruption -- not me -- but back then  Grand
had a lot more bursts than it does now. For the record, here is what I
compiled for June + July + August that year
Number of Bursts/Number of eruptions
1/4
2/34
3/51