[Geysers] December 05 Sput

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jan 20 21:45:31 PST 2006

For the record, the December 2005 Sput that claims to have been mailed in
Southern California on December 30, 2005 was received in Southern California on
January 20, 2006. Not wrinkled, though.

A comment or three:

Thanks, Lynn, for putting together the wonderful retrospective on J.
Randolph Railey. I only wish you had noted that it was, really, only in  Yellowstone
where he was known as "John". To the people in LA where he worked,  to the
people at the rest home where he died, he was "Randy". Yes. (And he often  signed
letters and such with "J. R. Railey", never (at least to me, never) with
"John".

As for the rest of the Sput. Honestly, how can any good, totally-morally
upstanding geyser gazer possibly know the answer to crossword puzzle clue
36-down "Orange juice and champagne mix"? I mean, really. Champagne? Cook's or
Andre, maybe! But champagne? No, I have no idea as to that answer.

In addition, I find the puzzle impossible to finish, given that there are  no
clues (clews?) for 54-down, 55-down, and 57-down. Oh, buffudlement. Any
hints, Ralph?

Lastly, can I take objection to Kristian Wang's comment, to wit: "In some
ways I miss the days where I could learn from the older generation... snip ...
Scott Bryan is still with us..." Hey, wow, gee, thanks. I'm not even 60, yet
I'm  old! Cool. (Buy the book!)

Old Guy