[Geysers] Geysers in Solomon Islands

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Jan 19 14:28:01 PST 2006

As i noted a few days ago, I had received information that the reported
geysers of Savo island, in the Solomon Islands, are in fact nothing more than
drowned fumaroles. That information has now been confirmed by a Solomon
volcanologist, Dr. T. Toba.

Dr. Toba, however, states that the geysers reported in the large Paraso Hot
Springs field on Vella Lavella Island do indeed exist. I am seeking additional
 contacts about that area.

Lastly, Dr. Toba says that his understanding is that the geysers reported  on
Gaua island and on Vanua lava Islands in Vanuatu are again true geysers. In
this case he provided an e-mail for a Mr. Douglas in the (Vanuatu) Dept. of
Geology, Mines and Water. So, we'll see.