[Geysers] Orakei Korako reference?

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jan 16 18:44:47 PST 2006

In a message dated 1/16/2006 5:24:12 PM Pacific Standard Time,
caverns at gmail.com writes:

I was  wondering if someone could recommend a reference on Orakei Korako,
New Zealand, that includes a map of the springs. In particular, I am trying to
discern one spring from another on the Artist's Palette,  and am curious about
the geometry of the small geysers to the east?  of Sapphire Geyser
(S114/115/117).

Perhaps there are others both more recent and more readily available --  but
I treasure my copy of:

Lloyd, E.F., 1972, Geology and Hot Springs of Orakeikorako; N. Z.  Geological
Survey, Bulletin 85. This is a fabulous reference with a bunch of  detailed
maps. And this is the only publication that I am aware of that has maps  of
Artist's Palette -- others, such as Ron Keam's "Volcanic Wonderland," contain
photos, but that's all.