[Geysers] Iceland Geyser Trip

caverns caverns at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:38:01 PST 2006

I have never been on a Iceland guided tour, but had a wonderful time using a
rental car. I visited during late June and early July. However, other than
the airfare, the trip was quite expensive. Using a tour would probably allow
a budget to be better maintained. For the normal geyser enthusiast, I would
recommend visiting Haukadalur and Hveravellir. If you're obsessed with every
small erupting spring, be prepared to talk to farmers and trudge across lots
of wet pastures.

There are several fine internet resources on Iceland hot springs, so make
sure to do a thorough web search. For instance, you might visit:
http://www.os.is/page/geothermal_web

Also, you might try to find the book, Geysers and Hot Springs in Iceland by
Bjorn Hroarsson and Sigurdur Sveinn Jonsson. I found it very useful.

~Alan

Alan Glennon
UCSB Geography