[Geysers] Tatio energy exploration

caverns caverns at gmail.com
Sun Jan 15 17:06:10 PST 2006

For Spanish to English, several reasonable online translation tools are
available. You could try:

http://www.google.com/language_tools?hl=en
http://babelfish.altavista.com

As far as whom to write, hopefully the Chileans will respond with that
information.

An editorial letter sent to a relevant Chilean newspaper might be a good
start. A year or so ago, I sent one online to Estrella Iquique about the
Puchuldiza gold mining issue, and it was apparently published. I never saw
it in print, but did receive several notes of thanks from local tour
operators. I sent the the letter in English and Spanish. Since I don't speak
Spanish, I used Microsoft Word to translate the letter, and then had a
Spanish-speaking friend do a quick edit.

An English-language Santiago paper:
http://www.tcgnews.com/santiagotimes/index.php?nav=contact

Big papers in Santiago (Spanish)
http://www.emol.com
http://www.lasegunda.com/
http://www.tercera.cl

Calama is the nearest large city to El Tatio. The local newspapers, all in
Spanish, are:
www.estrellaloa.cl
http://www.mercuriocalama.cl/

Iquique is the nearest city to Puchuldiza:
www.estrellaiquique.cl

~Alan

Alan Glennon
UCSB Geography