[Geysers] Geyser Report 1-06-06

Mike Keller KSCOPE_YNP at peoplepc.com
Sat Jan 7 19:18:31 PST 2006

Great comment!  Morning's Thief has been active this winter.  One of the
guides said Morning was "as tall as Old Faithful".  Even Morning's Thief
doesn't erupt this tall.  I am not sure what they thought they saw, maybe
Fountain and mistook it for Morning?  Trust me-there is a snow bank 2 feet
deep right up to the western edge of Morning.  All of Morning's runoff
channels have 1-3 feet of snow in them.  If it had erupted, this snow would
be gone.

MK