[Geysers] GIANT overnight

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 26 13:29:17 PST 2006

It was my turn to replace the Giant signs this morning (2/26).  The "Giant"
sign was on the lower platform, right side up; the "Danger" sign was face
down in the water back of India, as usual.  The latter is pretty beat up by
now.  The icy snow on the viewing platform was pitted with the force of the
erupting water.

Yesterday Sean Miculka saw a Grotto start at 0930; I saw Grotto i.e. and a
Rocket Major at 1554.
This morning Grotto was in eruption at 0923; Spa was i.e. at 0948.  All was
quiet at Giant.  It was a fine mild morning, with Grand at 1025 (G2Q).

Little Squirt was i.e. at 1139, Plume is having  60-65 min. intervals today,
Lion has had a 3 eruption series so far, at 1118, 1243 and 1356.  Castle had
a major at 1204, and Depression started near 1303.  We also saw 2 Aurum
eruptions so far today, at 0826 and 1212.

Beehive still seems to be erupting overnight.

Carolyn