[Geysers] Steamboat on a Stamp

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sun Feb 5 06:20:25 PST 2006

In a message dated 2/4/2006 10:18:18 PM Pacific Standard Time,
mikeg at math.jhu.edu writes:

Since I  don't have Scott's book in front of me, I can't tell if this is
_the_  Steamboat photo, or another picture taken about 10 seconds  later.

This photo is the one that's in my new "little" book (page 62), but it is
different from the one on the cover of the 1991 edition of the "big" book. And,
indeed, I believe there's an error in the new book -- the photo was not by
Lang  and Dick, and it is clear that there wer several (maybe many)
photographers at  essentially the same spot for that eruption, as iIve now seen not fewer
than four not-quite-identical pictures.

Scott