[Geysers] snow, and geysers

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 4 13:20:53 PST 2006

The Giant signs are back in place (the Mastiff sign wasn't moved, and the
Danger and Giant signs washed only 5-10 feet this time).  Dome is active
today (Feb. 4), Plume is having 60+minute intervals, and we've been seeing
Beehive daily, mid-morning to early afternoon, for a week now.  A geyser I
have not been seeing is Plate.

I was asked about snow levels, and it's so good to be having a good snow
year.  The official depth here at Old Faithful is 34 consolidated inches,
and regional newspaper articles say we're above average.  The Tetons could
be 150% above average.  It's snowing now again.

John Tebby was at Steamboat Feb. 1 (I think), and over a half hour saw
mostly concerted minors, many to tree height, and "all good" he said.

Carolyn/OFVC