[Geysers] No Giant yet

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 11 15:49:26 PST 2006

This afternoon (12/11) Grotto was on and so was Bijou.  The same was true yesterday afternoon.  On Saturday Grotto was off between 1330 and 1500 and all was quiet on the Giant platform.  We'll be up in Mammoth the next few days, but I understand Xanterrans are returning beginning today.

I haven't gotten to a computer often and so haven't posted week-old geyser times, but yesterday (12/10) Grand was 1354 i.e. (1C), and Riverside was 1438 n.s.  On the 9th Riverside was 1331 i.e. and Daisy 1419.  On the 8th Lone Star was 1139 i.e. early (it ended 1203).   I hope to download Grand at least on Friday and see what it's been doing lately.  By 1600 today it had not erupted yet.

Carolyn at OF