[Geysers] Comments on webcam

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Thu Aug 24 11:42:41 PDT 2006

FYI, today I saw an OF eruption on the webcam whose max height was way above
the top edge of the screen.  I'd guess the image missed at least 20 feet of
the water column, perhaps a lot more. It was a very large eruption.  (I
attached the capture to this email.)

Tom stated on the webcam page that a goal was to have the entire water
column in view.  This clearly isn't the case, so some tweaking will have to
be done - either tilt the camera upwards or zoom back a bit - assuming it's
a zoom lens.  Personally, I think seeing the geyser is more important than
seeing people sitting on the bench, so if one or the other has to go -- buh
bye people waving at us.

Btw, I sent a message about this to the "webmaster" from the NPS site and
simply got an automatic message response that said they can't respond to all
comments - so I have no idea if Tom C saw my message (and attached photo).
Maybe by putting this comment here he will be sure to get it.

(looks like a smoky day in the upper basin.)

Paul Strasser