[Geysers] Webcam reporting

Karl and Lori Hoppe karlori at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 24 09:23:08 PDT 2006

I appreciate the comments from Paul and Lynn regarding
my question on reporting webcam results, and I agree
with Chase that any webcam reporting should be
essentially reserved for the off-season.  However, I
thought it was important that the question is asked
(for the record), because people are going to see
things in the winter and, for awhile at least, are
going to want to tell someone (especially if it's
Giantess).  It's important to know if the webcam time
stamp is accurate (which apparently it isn't), and
it's important to remind people that there is a
lengthy delay to the time the image appears on your
screen from when it actually happened on the Hill.

In addition, it's somewhat of a moot point, since many
of those features have temperature data recorded
through the winter months anyway (which will most
likely be more accurate than a time off a webcam
anyway).

So thanks again.  Oh, and it was neat to see Lion,
Beehive, and Aurum all erupt within a few minutes of
each other this morning.  From my desk at... yes,
Paul... work.  :)

Karl Hoppe