[Geysers] New web cam is up and running

Graham Meech meechg at verizon.net
Fri Aug 18 12:31:34 PDT 2006

The OF webcam is up now and is in it's 'testing phase'
http://www.nps.gov/yell/oldfaithfulcam.htm .

It has a great view of Geyser Hill, you can see the whole hill so we can now
wait to see Beehive and Lion and Giantess and <fill in your favorite geyser
name> on the web cam.  A Giant steam cloud should be interesting to see if
the wind's in the right direction too!  Looks like there's a crowd waiting
at Beehive for the Indicator (it's 1329 on 8/18 now) so maybe it hasn't
erupted yet, or maybe it's a group walk.

Nice to have something to look at..only 2 weeks to go until I get a real
close up view again!

Graham.