[Geysers] Geysers on youtube.com

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Aug 1 18:36:55 PDT 2006

In a message dated 8/1/2006 5:34:13 PM Mountain Standard Time,
WHITLEVM at uwec.edu writes:

There  was also a video of a "geyser" at Suwa Lake, Japan. A caption said it
erupts  every hour. The video showed a steaming hole but I didn't see an
eruption.  Is there really a geyser there?

I am not familiar with this place, but I can say that Japan "boasts" a  great
many erupting wells, and probably this is one. Per a Japanese  volcanologist
who wrote in 2003, the only active, natural geysers in Japan are  at Onikobe
(Honshu) and, possibly-maybe Shikabe (Hokkaido).