[Geysers] Giant, mostly

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 19 14:48:29 PDT 2006

Giant erupted between 4/17 p.m. and 4/19 p.m., oh well.  The Giant and
danger signs were down in their usual places, at 1345 nothing was on at
Giant's platform (all was steamy), Grotto was i.e., and Oblong was surging
from a very low pool.  In the morning from Fern Cascade it also looked like
Grotto was i.e. (it's still skiable up there).

Riverside was 1337 n.s., Daisy 1406 n.s.

Unless it really warms up, yak tracks could be helpful.  Mammoth maintenance
is clearing the OF benches and plans to apply something to make them less
slippery; I haven't heard that's happening at Grand though.

West Triplet seems browner each time I see it.

A grizzly is apparently behind the lodge cabins today, by the river.

New bison calves are appearing daily.

Carolyn Loren