[Geysers] Midway, Dome and W. Triplet

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 18 14:22:03 PDT 2006

April 18:  We walked Midway this afternoon, crossing grizzly tracks four
times on the boardwalk (which was covered with about 3" of snow).  Opal had
zero water visible, and no steam was visible either, although the temps were
in the high 20s and everything else was plenty steamy.

Area roads are dry again since the recent 3-6" of snow.

Dome is having bursts well over 10 feet today; it was inactive when I saw it
yesterday.  On Saturday I saw 10-15 foot bursts, and Matt Johnson saw even
higher ones, possibly to 25-30'.  Matt also said he'd seen bursts near 30'
on April 5.

The times I've seen West Triplet lately it was always close to overflow,
quiet, and brownish inside.  I haven't seen a Grand recently.

April 17:  Oblong was 1447 i.e., Riverside was in overflow when we saw it
shortly afterwards.

Carolyn Loren