[Geysers] Help needed reviewing an article (Stephens)

lynn stephens lstephens.eagle at mail.sisna.com
Fri Apr 7 12:21:44 PDT 2006

I would like to have 4 or 5 subscribers to The Sput review an article "Does the Number of Bursts Affect the Duration of an Eruption of Grand?" that I am preparing for the June issue of The Sput.  It is what I call a "technical" article that reports descriptive statistics on Grand's bursts and durations and tests of the relationship between bursts and durations.  It is a condensation of an analysis that will be more completely reported in an article in some future edition of The Transactions.  It is about 9 1/2 pages long, single spaced, including tables, figures, and references.  I would like to have your comments back by Friday, April 14 so I can incorporate revisions, as appropriate, into the article.  (Because it is for The Sput and I will report all relevant statistical support in the Transactions article, I will, for example, ignore comments such as "Please report F values, degrees of freedom, etc., etc.")  I'm looking for people who will read the article with a "critica
 l eye" to let me know whether the meaning of sentences is unclear, whether sentences don't make sense, whether the evidence supporting statements is identifiable, etc.  If you are a subscriber to The Sput and are interested in reviewing the article, please contact me directly at lstephens.eagle at sisna.com.

Thank you.

Lynn Stephens