[Geysers] Taylor bubble thanks

Steve Krause s_krause at mtco.com
Wed Oct 26 18:19:19 PDT 2005

I'm hardly a hydrodynamics expert, but I would think that total storage
volume in the system is the other critical factor.

A chamber stores that volume close by. But a long simple tube with
multiple feeders would provide a similar sort of effect - i.e. once the
system empties some of itself, the pressure relieves enough that the
lower water begins to flash to steam as well. This might explain the
water phase/steam phase system.

Or I could be applying far too simplistic an explanation as well.

SRK