[Geysers] Google Earth

Udo Freund gosastore at qnet.com
Sat Nov 19 20:21:48 PST 2005

Google for zip 59758 will show you the town of West Yellowstone.  Janet
and I bought a house a block north of Scott & Betty's.  Resolution is
better in the Park, though.  It's really cool to "travel" around the
grand loop road and then do side trips in the thermal areas.  I was able
to find Geyser Creek and even Bat Pool.  The new (unfinished) road that
bypasses tanker curve above Gibbon Falls is very obvious.  Grand
Prismatic at Midway is really easy to spot.  Buildings such as cabins
are quite clear, as are many of the larger geysers.  I couldn't tell if
any were erupting when the satellite pix were taken.  It's not as great
as being there, but at this time of year about as good as one can get.
Enjoy.

Udo Freund