[Geysers] molten sulfur hot springs

Carrie Guiles cguiles at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 2 16:14:19 PST 2005

There are a couple of springs (unnamed) near Shallow Creek in Hot Spring
Basin that are spewing up what look like sulfur nodules - they are spherical
and have little spicular bits all around them. these do not stay at the
surface like Cinder's cinders (ha) instead, they either get spewed out onto
the surrounding mud or get recycled into the pools.
I have attached 4 photos of these - hopefully they will not overwhelm
everyone's inbox.
You can see the spicular bits in the water in one photo, piled on the mud in
another, in my hand (feeble attempt at a close-up) and an overview of the
pools.
-Carrie