[Geysers] Geyser report 5-24

geysirs at comcast.net geysirs at comcast.net
Tue May 24 20:08:45 PDT 2005

First, there were 3 Giant Hot periods today.
0755 Giant Hot Period, D=8m 55s
India was completely covered by the 4 minute mark, too steamy to see Mastiff surging. I expected that it was from all the runoff coming from the platform. Vents involved were Feather, Feather Satillite, Southwest vents and Turtle.
0806 Restart D=2m
1326 Giant Hot Period, D=8m 5s, India was 7/8 covered by 4 minute mark and completely covered by the 5 minute mark. Mastiff surge 1-3 feet at times.
1822 Giant Hot Period, D=8m 35s India was finally completely covered at the 8 minute mark. Mastiff was at slight overflow to just below overflow for the first 6 minutes then started surging 1-4 feet.

0610IE  Sawmill, off at 0613  Deep drain
0636     Daisy
0656IE  Grotto Fountain
0657     Grotto
0707     Oblong
0839     Castle
0855     Daisy
0906     Grand G2Q  Burst average for me this year so far 1.714
0909     West Triplet
0941     Plume
1152     Plume
1200     Riverside
1225IE  Oblong
1244     Grotto Fountain
1248     Grotto
1306IE  Beehive Indicator, called by Mike Lang. I was at Giant waiting for a hot period. I made it to the Castle overlook
1313     Beehive
1339IE  Daisy
1410     Rocket Major  D=3m
1421IE  Little Cub
1422     Plume
1506IE  Little Cub
1517     Plume
1609IE  Lion Initial
1610     Plume
1613     Daisy
1627     Grand  G1Q D=12m 45s  lucky me, burst average now 1.625

1648     Sawmill, I was waiting for Uncertain again, I seem to be having poor luck with Uncertain this trip.

1708     Plume
1736     Lion
1805     Riverside
1834     Grotto Fountain