[Geysers] Geyser report May 20

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri May 20 15:53:28 PDT 2005

Amazing what a little sunshine and antibiotic can do for a person. In the
basin for about 7 hours until I left when the wind began to come up -- I turned
out to have an ear infection secondary to my head cold and, for those soon to
 come up here, be aware that the Clinic reports that this is "going  around."

This afternoon, when I left (I didn't want to leave, but I had to) Grand  was
approaching 9 hours on an interval that had been "Rifted." Up to then, the
most recent six intervals had been 7h 12m, 8h 47m (G1C), 7h 43m, 9h 22m, 7h 25m
 (T2Q), and 9h 18m. (Note that as always, the first one or two of these
intervals  might repeat the last one or two of a previous report. I'm just trying
to keep  you posted as to the trend.)

Castle's last four itnervals were 12h 44m minor, (3h 51m minor interval),
15h 59m (yes, really long post-minor), and 13h 26m.

And Beehive: the most recent two intervals (with an i.e. time in the  middle)
have been 22h 58m and 23h 15m. Based on early morning activity, we have  to
feel that these are single intervals, today's 23:15 being with Little Squirt.
Today's eruption, by the way, was at 1131 with no Indicator.

Other stuff -- a day of "even-hour" intervals/durations

Plume intervals of 60, 59, 53 and 53 minutes.
Daisy with an interval of 3h 00m.
Lion #2 at an interval of exactly 90 minutes after the major.
Rift with a duration of exactly 60 minutes.
Oblong just missed with an interval of 5h 03m.

We also saw Uncertain and "Scuba."

Silex had as of 1530 exceeded 3 1/2 days since the last eruptive  episode.
Fountain was seen at 1047 i.e. It has recently finished at 0745, so this
looks like an interval around 3 1/2 hours.