[Geysers] Geyser report May 16

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue May 17 19:34:20 PDT 2005

In a message dated 5/17/2005 5:59:38 PM Mountain Standard Time,
riozafiro at earthlink.net writes:

Scott,  was Clepsydra off when you were seeing this? And what was Spasm
doing?  Just curious. I've never seen water that low in both Fountain
and  Morning...wow! And Twig in steam phase...very  cool.

In answer to yesterday, Clepsydra was active and Spasm was empty.

I didn't say it earlier, so I will now. Today, during the wild phase, I saw
an eruption by Sizzler... errrr, I mean Super Frying Pan. It seemed sort of
weak. During about 30 minutes there, there was no eruption by Jet nor by Twig,
yet Bearclaw's east vent was playing a foot or so high through a standing
pool  perhaps 2 feet across and draining into the west vent (I think -- it was
snowing). Spasm and Clepsydra erupted normally. Fun stuff. I'm liking the
Fountain area more every year.

Earlier too, I alluded to the possibility that I won't be in the basin
tomorrow. WEll, probably I can at least extract some info from the logbook, but  it
will be rather early in the day. So now I let the cat out of the bag: I will
be driving one, sometimes two, days per week for Yellowstone Tour Guides (the
 Holsteins), and tomorrow is a "training" ride-along on the Lower Loop.