[Geysers] Geyser report May 17

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue May 17 14:03:47 PDT 2005

Well, so here we go again -- this morning the marker at Silex was gone.
Replaced at 0750. Celestine was rather quiet, so I'd say the activity was
"earlier" rather than "later" in the night.

Yesterday I commented on the very low water levels in Fountain and Morning
and the steam phase in Twig. Well so, Fountain has been in wild phase today. I
saw it such at 0758 (from the road, confirmed on site at 0805), and by either
 myself or others it was observed still going at 1045, 1120, and 1315. No
idea, of course, when it might have started.

In the UGB:

Fan and Mortar still bide their time, now past 10 1/2 days since the last
eruption.

Since my previous, Grand has had intervals of 8h 19m, 6h 34m, and 9h  25m.

There was a pretty good bit of wind (along with the snow flurries) today,
yet Daisy managed an interval of 2h 39m.

Yesterday's Grotto, suspected of being marathon, cedrtainly was. This
morning at about 0900 it had been off only a short while; Variable and Marathon
were both as low as I've seen them (including in previous reports this  year).

The one interval I noted on Plume was 55 minutes. One interval on Aurum was
3h 15m.

Beehive was splashing heavily at 0830, and still at 1230. So either it
erupted rather early in the night or was working on a very long interval. By the
way, the west bubbler was active at 0830, too.

The "Dwarf" between Depression and Arrowhead was active off and on all
morning.

If a tentative plan comes to pass, I'll be in the basin minimally or not at
all tomorrow.