[Geysers] Geyser report May 14

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Sat May 14 16:25:53 PDT 2005

How wonderful to feel well enough to be in the geyser basin for 8 hours.
Some highlights:

I have no interval on Grand. It erupted at 0752 (T1Q), but later I found  (or
else I misread?) the overnight electronic time in the logbook. That was
0259e, but that gives an interval of 4h 53m -- I rather think not!

Fan and Morter have not erupted since near midnight May 6-7, so 7 1/2 days
as of midday.

Daisy had an interval of 2h 51, this with virtually no wind at all.

Grotto was in marathon overnight, so nothing to report at Giant.

Lion had a series of 3 strong eruptions. As of my departure, at about the
time for a #4 it was having weak puffs only and I doubt if there was any kind of
 additional eruption.

Aurum produced an interval of 3h 36m.

The small "Dwarf" geyser between Depression and Arrowhead was active this
afternoon but did not (that I saw) give any of the strong, steamy 8 to 10 foot
jets that I saw on last Monday, just splashing sometimes up to perhaps 3  feet.

Plume gave intervals (the following is correct) of 53, 53, 61, 82, 51
minutes. Yes, 82. Is it notable that Beehive erupted during the 82 minute  interval?

The Beehive at 1249 (Indicator 12 minutes, joined by C-C Indicator during
the eruption) followed yesterdays 1959 eruption (Indicator 9 minutes), for an
interval of 16h 50m. This was with Little Squirt in eruption.

The marker I placed yesterday at Silex reamined in place today at  1500.