[Geysers] Geyser report May 4

JANET JOHNS janet.johns5 at verizon.net
Sat May 7 03:42:29 PDT 2005

Dear Scott,

Yep.   We've seen this more than once during our summers of watching Grotto.  Marathon Pool is not a good indicator as far as we are concerned.  We've seen it very low and know by probe that a marathon did not occur.  As a matter of fact, at some point we made a slide show of marathon pool and asked people which slide indicated a marathon, which people could not tell from the slides thus indicating that the level of the pool does not indicate a marathon, but people think it does.

We have stated this repeatedly to various people but sigh, we are ignored.....unfortunately we did not keep records of marathon pool.  A study of marathon pool and spa is definitely a good idea...

Janet Johns (with Lew as always)