[Geysers] Geyser report May 2

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon May 2 15:32:17 PDT 2005

Not in the park until after I'd gotten some stuff mailed at the West Y post
office, so some of this is via Tara Cross.

Beehive was at 0951 (Indicator 5 minutes), for an interval of 16h 30m from
the 1621 eruption ysterday (Indicator 8 minutes).

Daisy 1106 and 1421, for an interval of 3h 15m, and it was not very  windy.

Aurum 0916 and 1354, so 3h 38m.

There was a marathor recovery Giant Hot Period at 1130, d~9m 10s. Tara said
there was brief surging in Mastiff to about 4 feet.

Plume continues to plug along with intervals of an hour plus or minus a
handful of minutes.

Fan and Mortar have now passed 4 days.

I don't have the times in hand, but a couple of Artemisias gave an interval
of a bit longer than 16 hours.

>From the highway, I saw an Atomizer minor this morning, at approximately
1030.

Down at the LGB, the active episode that Silex had yesterday evidently
included three major eruptions, then numerous minors as it refilled.

The monitor on Fountain has been downloaded and the file sent to Ralph, who
I hope will be able to either confirm or deny those long (up to 10 hours)
intervals we think there were last week. Per the logbook, the following for just
the last two days:
April 30
0129e
0727ns ~5h 58m
1150e  = 4h 13m
1840e  = 6h 50m
May 1
0034e  = 5h 54m
0801e  = 7h 27m
1127e  = 3h 26m
1500e  = 3h 33m

Today, Fountain erupted at 1011, then was "just finished"  (v.r.) at  1430.
That should equate to an interval just shorter than 4 hours.