[Geysers] Mystery geyser

David Schwarz dschwarz at rice.edu
Wed Mar 30 16:40:02 PST 2005

   My first inclination was Crater Hills Geyser, but that's just not it.
The shape of the eruption and formation are all wrong, and as far as I know,
Crater Hills Geyser hasn't changed its appearance much in the last 75 years.
Also, it looks like there's too much open space-where are the trees and the
other hills?

   It may be a mistake to assume that this picture was taken in
Yellowstone--it still might be something obscure near Norris or in Hayden
Valley, but I'm going to guess that it's something obscure in Nevada.

David Schwarz