[Geysers] Photo attachments

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Thu Mar 24 14:19:20 PST 2005

Sent to all but directed toward our moderator(s):

Answer to my "Name this geyser" photo for those who couldn't figure it out by
whatever method: the so-called "Sentinel's Vents," on the small platform
immediately upstream from Sentinel Geyser's crater; active for about 3 weeks last
July -- I should have reduced the photo size and resolution, and will in the
future.

Now to the meat of this message:
I posted the picture as a jpg attachment to my e-mail. I and clearly some
number of other people (who are NOT on AOL) received it embedded into the e-mail,
and in that form (for me, anyhow) it was the photo with no file name.

However, other people received it as an attached jpg, with file name (which
made it rather simple for them to identify the geyser).

So what gives? Why/how would one thing get distributed in two forms?