[Geysers] Research

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Mar 21 07:12:17 PST 2005

In a message dated 3/20/2005 19:57:40 PM Pacific Standard Time,
jacross at lamar.ColoState.EDU writes:
I think that a study of the seasons' effects on geysers would be much more
informative.  Aurum Geyser responds to groundwater levels,
-snip- and I am sure there are quite a
few other examples.
Yes, such as the Disturbance (a.k.a, the Seasonal Disturbance) at Norris. I
still contend that a similar, though more subdued process takes place in the
Upper Basin... As for the tidal business, difficult for sure -- but let us not
forget that negative results can yield strongly positive conclusions.