[Geysers] Geyser report Tuesday June 14

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Tue Jun 21 06:00:29 PDT 2005

In a message dated 6/20/2005 5:37:20 PM Mountain Standard Time,
WHITLEVM at uwec.edu writes:

So  having someone appear to be two minutes off of "your" time is probably
not a  big deal unless you know that your watch is accurate pretty much to the
second.
I disagree, rather strongly, and I know others will, too. Especially given
that everybody should "KNOW" that their watch _IS_ accurate. The correct
"atomic" time is readily available, via the clock at the OFVC window that  anybody
can look at. Or given that I (for example) regularly set my watch by  that
clock, set yours by mine. Etc. Then we're all the same and there is no  error
beyond the possible second or two involved in actually, physically looking  at
the watch.

The only time an "error of less than 5 minutes" outght to be acceptable to
an experienced gazer (and any gazer experienced enough to be recordinbg events
and times is certainly expereinced enough) is, frankly, never.