[Geysers] Geyser report July 11

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Jul 11 15:02:39 PDT 2005

Actually in the park as a gazer for several hours today... and actually saw
some geysers, too!

Plume had intervals of 53, 48 and 54 minutes, then (presumably) a double
interval of 132 minutes.

Beehive was at 0848, with an Indicator of 13 minutes.

Aurum at 0828 (virtually a walk-up for me) and 1325, an interval of "only"
4h 57m.

Lion tried to have its initial during a mega-photo op just after Beehive  (so
at about 0900) but then still had not erupted as of 1330.

Grand from last evening to midday today, intervals of 7h 15m and then 8h  10m
(T2Q).

Oblong decided to thwart everybody with a long interval of 7h 16m.

Grotto started at 1047, fully 13 minutes after Grotto Fountain's  start.

Fan and Mortar were pretty much garbage all morning, but it has only been 2
1/2 days.

If I understood Steve correctly, today's Artemisia was on an interval of
around 18 hours.

Basically no info from the Lower Basin. I didn't see Fountein either going
in or coming out. Extrapolating from two days ago, Pink Cone should have been
around 0300 today but it was still in heavy, puffing steam phase at 0715.
Great  Fountain also should have been around 0300 but as of 1345 it was at least a
 foot below overflow.