[Geysers] fw re hot spring accident

Debbie Sjodin Debbie.Sjodin at spl.org
Wed Jul 6 08:48:55 PDT 2005

It's definitely time for my entrance exam for Yellowstone. Everyone
entering the park is given the newspaper thing which has a whole page of
safety information on like page 2. Every geyser basin include (I
suspect) West Thumb has signs saying stay on boardwalk. Well duh, why is
that. So this kids dad is saying (like Andy's dad) No one said the hot
springs were dangerous.
Andy was a 10 year old Bob who died in Crested Pool over by Castle. His
Mom I have seen in the media saying "If we knew it was dangerous, we
would have held his hand" A 10 year old boy holding Mommie's hand? Not.
Andy's dad is a chemist. He should have known the power of boiling water
and steam.

http://tv.ksl.com/index.php?sid=216528&nid=5