[Geysers] Three items

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Fri Jan 28 17:33:42 PST 2005

In a message dated 1/28/2005 16:50:09 PM Pacific Standard Time,
upperbasin at comcast.net writes:
But I’m asking all of you – is anyone else as surprised that this NPS
document would call the rush of people leaving the benches around OF after an
eruption a “geyser flush”?  I’ve never, ever heard that expression.  It was always
the “gush rush” to my ears.

Item #1, to the above. What most surprised me was that in discussing how
horrible the existing VC is, they actually name its designer! How proud he must
feel.

Item #2. For apartment rentals in West Yellowstone (only), Chase Ellison (or
anybody else) might check out www.westyellowstonenews.com for possible links
to rentals -- there's a bunch always available, though your neighbors are
almost certain to be Mexicans (not that they're bad folk, but the police reports
cite a lot of complaints from apartments). Or go to www.wyellowstone.com and
check the links to the three real estate outfits for info.

Item #3. I know blue-green algae (old name) and cyanobacteria (new name) are
for the same "critter". But I also understood that the change from alga to
bacteria had to do with cell nuclei (or lack thereof), so that the names WOULD
NOT be interchangable. There's my real query.