[Geysers] Geyserite display at the Smithsonian

Mike Newcomb mnewcomb at xmission.com
Mon Jan 24 21:30:33 PST 2005

January 24, 2005

With the current discussions about the geyserite display at the Smithsonian, I thought I would give those interested a link to a photo I took of it in 2003. It is the fourth photo in the photos of "Geysers of 2003" in my Webshots. The link is:

http://community.webshots.com/album/74604086ZfPiYA

or it can also be found at:

http://community.webshots.com/user/mnewcomb2/2

You should be able to read the label on the display. It claims the geyserite has 17 vents and had eruptions to 30 feet. Be sure to view the photo at full size to see the intricacies of the material.

Mike Newcomb