[Geysers] Interesting internship opportunity logging geysers, etc.

Ralph Taylor ralpht at iglou.com
Fri Jan 21 09:56:35 PST 2005

>From Ralph Taylor (ralpht at iglou.com)

David Schimpf asked about an SCA internship at Yellowstone

>I was checking out the SCA website, and discovered the following
>internship listing:

> http://www.thesca.org/ci_view.cfm?positionCode=YLNP14-13

> Does anyone here know anything about this? It sounds like it
> would be a great experience for someone. If I had the summer
> free....

This is a program that has been active since at least 1998.  The SCA
volunteers work in small teams (usually two persons) and take GPS
coordinates and various measurements (temperature, pH, etc.) for each
thermal feature in an ongoing project to create a GIS database of all of
Yellowstone's thermal features.  Several thousand features had been visited
and entered into the database the last I heard.  The project is run by the
Yellowstone Center for Resources.

Ralph Taylor