[Geysers] Grand Geyser Legend (Moderator Comment)

Tara Cross fanandmortar at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 19 23:47:30 PST 2005

> > Grand Geyser Legend
>
>	I may be imagining things, but aren't there one or two
>little extras occasionally, like a plus sign, an asterisk,
>or maybe an alchemical symbol or two?

Yes.  Place an asterisk(*) after the number of bursts if the 2nd burst
exceeded 75 seconds in duration.  Place a pound sign(#) after that number if
the 3rd burst exceeded 75 seconds.  There was one unusual instance when
gazers were pressed to come up with a symbol if the 4th burst exceeded 75
seconds--but I cannot remember what it was.  (Dave Goldberg could answer
this.)

Another variation is adding a +1 to the number of bursts if there was an
afterburst (or +2, if there were two afterbursts).  And afterbursts are not
the same thing as the afterplay splashing that happens after every eruption.

--Tara Cross
fanandmortar at hotmail.com