[Geysers] Grand Geyser Legend (Moderator Comment)

Carlton Cross CrosCa at wwc.edu
Mon Jan 17 22:55:36 PST 2005

Well, I'm not Mike, but I can't resist.  Here's an excerpt for the
Welcome Message.  Trouble is, I haven't discovered a way that you can
access it without unsubscribing and resubscribing.  Let me know if
there's a way that I haven't discovered.

Carlton Cross
Alternate Moderator

Grand Geyser Legend

Example - 1434 G3Q D4 - indicates the eruption started at 2:34 PM.
Grand started the eruption before Turban. There were 3 burst in the
eruption. At the end of the eruption, Vent and Turban geysers stopped
erupting. And finally, the eruption occurred on the fourth Turban
eruption after the delay.  Grand brief version:  for example, Grand 1434
(3B) for the number of bursts.

     D - delay (Turban interval is over 25 minutes. D0 (D zero) is the
notation for the first Turban eruption whose interval is over 25 minutes
from the previous.  Subsequent Turban eruptions are noted as D1, D2,
etc.)

     N - no Turban delay observed

     G - Grand started first (G3 - three bursts)

     or

     T - Turban started first (T2 - two bursts)

     Q - Turban and Vent quit at end of Grand's eruption

     C - Turban and Vent continued