[Geysers] Tsunami (Reilly)

Lucille Reilly thedulcimerlady at juno.com
Sun Jan 2 20:35:01 PST 2005

Hi all,

While this is not geyser related, this group is the only place I can
think of coming to where there might be some physicists present to answer
the following questions (which may be of interest to everyone):

1. How come the sea pulled back so far from the shoreline before the wave
hit?

2. How was the WEST coast of India hit by the wave?  Did a current go
around the sub-continent, or did the wave go clear across the country
from the east?  If the former, please explain how it works.  (Actually,
I'm not so sure about the latter, either, given the tall mountain ranges
in Kerala, where at least two people died.)

Many thanks for explanations.  And if the list manager feels this topic
to be too far off the mark for this group, I welcome responses privately
at thedulcimerlady at juno.com.

Lucille Reilly