[Geysers] make a geyser erupt during 'your time'

Pat Snyder riozafiro at earthlink.net
Thu Feb 24 05:13:39 PST 2005

Sheri, is your concern that they shouldn't indicate to kids that they
can "make it erupt"? Most children, I would hope, could distinguish
between playing with an internet video and being in the park and
actually watching it erupt for themselves. National Geo. might have had
some kind of warning wording on the site, such as "In Yellowstone, you
can't do this yourself," but that might be overkill, too. There's a
pretty good explanation of OF's cycles on the previous page, given that
kids read that, they should be able to understand that it's "just a
video".

Overall, I think that link is pretty cool, actually. I just had a
little bit of trouble getting it to load (I am on dial up,
unfortunately) and the technology is a bit dated, but being able to see
the eruption in stages from varying views is interesting!

Just my 2¢.
Pat S.