[Geysers] Flash memory cards

Robert Bower rbower at postregister.com
Mon Feb 14 20:40:22 PST 2005

Scott,
 While it is likely not exactly applicable----------------------
 At the newspaper where I work we use Lexar compact flash  cards exclusively in our nikon digital cameras.
We had heard that they were very good and have proved to be for us. In the last three years with daily usage by multiple
photographers we have only had a handful of glitches, and no complete failures.  Their  Image Rescue utility has always allowed us
to regain our image files. Even then it is highly likely that it was either the camera or the computer we were downloading to
that caused the problem. Their cards with the professional designation even have a lifetime warranty ------even with a card that was
almost two years old and made us use the rescue utility three times in three months--- we called them up and they sent a new card, and asked
us to send them the old one for their  evaluation.  I believe failures are extremely rare.

 On the other hand I have no real knowledge of the other system..

Robert Bower