[Geysers] OF Visitor Education Center

eydgrigg at att.net eydgrigg at att.net
Thu Feb 3 17:00:14 PST 2005

Scott, I think the focus on the single word has to do with attitude. Mainly the NPS one towards anyone outside the service. It speaks of a contempt  for the general public. It affects thier consideration of outside suggestions and negetively affects developement. I have been a custodian most of my life(after majoring in planning with an emphasis on recreation in the seventies) but from past experience any suggestions I might have would be ignored. After all I am "not familiar" with the "special challenges" within the national parks. Whether that is true that is how it seems to be perceived. I have repeatedly tried to get on plannings' mailing list and to get up to date information on projects and I have been repeatedly ignored being just a visitor. Dave Grigg   PS Yes the old building is terrible being a political structure and not thought through. My fear is that this one will be the same in that respect. dg
-------------- Original message from TSBryan at aol.com: --------------