[Geysers] Beehive in a blilzzard

carolyn loren caroloren98 at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:26:14 PST 2005

The blizzard was Dec. 5; Beehive went at 1543.  Today (Dec. 7) is clear and
brisk (about 20 below this morning); Castle had a major at 1439 n.s.  Lion
was i.e. at 1503, Plume had no water visible, PLH is cool looking, about
five feet across and boiling away.  Grotto was i.e. at 1410, too.

Giant did erupt before Thanksgiviing.  I know this because I repositioned
the sign LESS THAN AN HOUR before the Thanksgiving eruption, oh well.  Katy
tried to cell phone me but all I heard was a screechy static.  I redid the
sign once again the next day; today it is still there, plenty frosty.

I tried to post this that next day, but the computer froze just after the
message was ready.  The next day the internet was down, and the day after,
so to be honest I've just been going skiing.  And dumping the truck in West
for the winter.

If any are interested, the 5 member Nez Perce pack, and 9 member Gibbon
Meadows pack, are frequenting the geyser basin, and there's a new carcass on
that thermal knob southeast of Daisy, with 15+ ravens and an immature bald
eagle in attendance.  Researcher Shana said it's from early this a.m., so I
didn't approach it.

Carolyn Loren