[Geysers] Two international items

TSBryan at aol.com TSBryan at aol.com
Mon Dec 5 16:16:15 PST 2005

1. I encountered a Website that notes that one can fly via Reeve Aleutian
Airways from Anchorage to Petropavlovsk-Kamchatskii (Yelizovo) and from there
hire a helicopter to take you to the Valley of Geysers. Lost World Tours can
apparently fly you in one day, pick yopu up on some other day. this Website
seemed to be current (2005 date on it).

2. Maybe yet another geyser locality -- I found reference to an area of
"steaming pools and geysers" including a photo that appeared to show boiling
water a foot or two down in a symmetrical, sinter-lined crater. The area is
within the Pakili Wildlife Management Area, West New Britain, Papua New Guinea.  It
is described as "about one hour east of Hoskins." Now, that places it
somewhere in the vicinity of but very likely farther east than Koimumu  (Kasiloli)
-- and this site separately notes the geysers at Koimumu.  Cool. Except I can
learn nothing more about Pakili's exact location. So should  any of you know
anything. (Nah, I didn't think so...)