[Geysers] cell phone/old Faithful functionality question

Chase Ellison crellison at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 11:47:10 PDT 2005

I have been working in the park this summer and have a Verizon phone.
I have found that most older Verizon phones do not work however, I
recently purchased a new phone with verison on the "americans plan"
(or whatever) I now have 5 bars of Digital at Grant, Old Faithful, and
Mammoth. I recieve 3 bars of analog at Canyon, and 1 bar of analog at
Norris. I do not however recieve service at lake.  Also, old plans
(more than 2 years old) seem to not work in the park. But Like I said
I do have 5 Bars of digital in Old Faithful with Verizon. So whatever
that may mean. Also, Many people also get very good service with
Cingular I know at Grant and Old Faithful most people that i have seen
have full digital as well. Also, it may be in your intrest to take
your phone to a verizon store and have them update your ERI code that
seemed to work on my old phone so I could get service up here.

Chase Ellison