[Geysers] cell phone/old Faithful functionality question

Paul Strasser upperbasin at comcast.net
Wed Aug 24 20:50:44 PDT 2005

In October our 2-year (almost typed 20-year, but it just seems that long)
contract with Verizon is up.  Although Verizon does work at Old Faithful
it's a bloody pain - it is Analog, which sucks batteries dry in a day, it is
roaming, unless you change to some bizarre plan in which the only place you
can use the phone without horrific charges are a few western states (NOT
Montana) and ... well, I also don't like their commercials.

So I ask all the gazers - what cell service do you use; does it work at OF
and elsewhere in YNP, is it roaming or normal, is it digital, etc.

Actually I think a lot of gazers might be interested.  BTW, is their digital
at ALL at Old Faithful?  I'd love to send a picture of something i.e. in
real time to certain people.

Paul Strasser